Monday, August 11, 2008

Intro Letter

Friends,

I wanted to send a brief note to let you know about a project I am starting to work on that I wanted to just have you all be aware of.

Basically as a result of some encouragement from a friend, I am going to start publishing my writings regularly via blog online. Over the past years, I have been in the process of writing about a lot of different topics, some of which I have shared, others I have not. I have come to the realization, that purely writing as an outlet of my thoughts is a selfish endeavor and at the end of the day, no one benefits with the exception of myself. I have decided to open up my writings for anyone who might be interested, to simply share my perspective and the things that are going on in the world around me.

I want to go ahead and say that what I will be writing about will be much less about what happens in my day to day life, and much more about what’s happening in the much bigger world around me. I in no way claim to be “right”, nor do I feel that the way I see or look at things is perfect…but its how I see it. My goal is not to convince anyone of anything, but rather to get you and whomever to ask questions of yourself, and to simply open your eyes to the world around you to look for the deeper workings of a big and powerful God.

I believe there is monumental significance in the little moments, and the little things that make up each day…I don’t want to miss those things, I want to seek God in matters big and small, and I want to share that with the people in my immediate sphere of influence.

I am not and will be offended if not a single person has any interest in what I have to say, for that is not up to me. Rather, I’m doing my part to stand heart and hands open to let God do what he wants with my life, my words, my thoughts…which are all inspired by his love and presence in my life.

If you do read my words, I pray that you do not see me, but rather you see the face of a man far greater than I, and a life moved to live by the themes of Grace, Truth, and Love.

I am thankful to have each of you be a part of my life, for it is your love that gives me the freedom to openly and shamelessly pursue such an undertaking.

Thanks, and the first post is up…I am going to shoot for once a week…maybe more, maybe less, we’ll see where the wind takes us.

CP

No comments: